Your words are powerful! What you speak out loud often becomes cemented in your mind. That’s why it’s so important to speak the right words out loud! The wise writer of Proverbs wrote, “The tongue has the power of life and death”(Proverbs 18:21). Wow! When you think about that statement and mull it over in your mind, it has profound implications.
Peter, one of Jesus’s closest friends, often spoke impulsively and put his foot in his mouth. One time, after Peter suggested that Jesus should not go to the cross, Jesus rebuked Peter, saying, “Get behind me Satan!” (Mark 8:31-33). Ouch! I’m sure Jesus’s rebuke stung Peter’s ego and caused him a great deal of sorrow. Thankfully, that’s not the only statement of Peter’s that’s remembered in scripture.
Another time, Jesus was travelling through the region of Caesarea Philippi. Many people in that region worshipped the god Pan. As Jesus and His disciples strolled through town, Jesus asked, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” (Matthew 16:13). The disciples answered that some thought He was a great prophet or teacher, others thought He was John the Baptist or Elijah. Then Jesus turned to His friends, looked them square in the eye, and asked, “But you, who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15). Ah, such a profound question!
Peter boldly proclaimed out loud: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God!” This was Peter’s most profound declaration, and I believe his declaration positioned him for greater anointing!
Here’s the thing: your words and mine also have the power of life and death. What you speak out loud will shape your attitude and the attitudes of your spouse, children, friends, and neighbors depending on who hears you. Knowing that, I would like to suggest that we become more aware of our words and the impact they have on others. As I’ve been mulling these thoughts around in my mind, I thought I would give you a few examples of positive and godly declarations that you can make this week to have that will increase how God will use you!
5 Great Declarations of Faith
- God, You Are Good! Speak it out loud whenever you’re doubtful or afraid. By speaking these words out loud you make a declaration over yourself and faith rises.
- Jesus, I Trust You! I have learned to speak this out loud whenever I am fearful or worried. It has a powerful way of changing my attitude.
- Jesus, You Are All That I Need! When we are in seasons of deficit, this is a great reminder. At the end of the day, if I have Jesus, I have all that I need.
- Lord Jesus, You are Victorious! The enemy of your soul and mine does not want us to believe that Jesus is victorious. When I feel like I am under attack and I notice that my attitude is slipping, I declare out loud, Lord Jesus, You are victorious and You will be victorious over my life. Help me to walk in victory today!
- Lord God, Power and Might are in Your Hand! When you are facing a problem that feels insurmountable, declare this out loud over the situation. Praise God by faith that He has the answer and that He is bigger than whatever problem you’re facing.
Friend, the power of your words is huge! So use your words wisely this week. Don’t give in to speaking ugly words to other people or to yourself. Instead, declare what you know to be good and true over your life and over the lives of those you love. Hey, you know what? I’m praying for you as you read this that this will be a week of victory for you! And you can pray for me as well, that I will speak boldly true declarations about God’s goodness and love.
I’d love to hear your favorite declarations. Leave a declaration of truth about God at www.beckyharling.com/blog
Hi, I am looking for a believer who truly walks in the name of Jesus Christ. I have no friends here in Kentucky. I need encouragement, I need to cry out loud, I need a true friend someone who will walk with me through thick an thin situations and pray with me. Some who will stand with me frim in faith. I’m going through issues right now.