LiveIn The Spirit
Fix your desire upon this divine, wondrous grace:
“I will dwell in them.”
This is the last week of our study together. Thanks so much for participating! My prayer for you is that you would continue to
stand firm in your freedom. As we finish up I want you to take away this one truth: You can be free from performing only
because the Holy Spirit dwells in you. If you have received God’s grace the living God dwells in you! Isn’t that amazing? You don’t have to try harder; you only have to move out of the way and allow Him to live through you. Rather than setting your desire on a “more successful” Christian walk, set your desire on the filling of the Holy Spirit moment by moment.
Being Filled With The Spirit
To be filled with the Holy Spirit does not mean that you have any more or less of the Holy Spirit in your life at any given moment.
It means you surrender more of yourself to Him. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit it means you are completely controlled by Him. (Ephesians 5:17-18)
On pages 220- 221 I give three tangible ways to live
in the Spirit
- Allow the Holy Spirit to take the lead.
- Listen for His voice throughout the day.
- Repent when you grieve Him.
For Next Week
- Read Chapter 12 in Freedom From Performing and complete the Daily Dose of Grace.
- Take time to pray the prayer written out for you on page 222 on being filled with
the Holy Spirit.
Group Discussion – Answer one or more of the following questions and leave a comment.
- How do you think being filled with the Holy Spirit will help you to live free from
the pressure to perform?
- In what areas of your life have you experienced freedom from performing since
beginning this study?
- What was your favorite chapter, and how did God use that in your life?